Gray Matter

Monday, January 27, 2014



Photographed by Eric Paguio 

GRAY BEANIE: ASOS
GRAY TOP & BIG SIZE KNIT  CARDIGAN: NOWiSTYLE
BLACK SKINNY JEANS (similar HERE): Old Navy
SPIKED LACEUP BOOTIES & GEOMETORIC EARRINGS: Charlotte Russe
SILVER NECKLACES: Forever 21


__________________________



Hi LOVEs! Happy Monday <3 
How was your weekend? In Seattle, we have been having super nice weather for the last several days and it's been amazingly beautiful, especially when the sun sets. Also we Seattleites are all still super-hyped about the recent Seahawks win against the 49ers that has us headed to Super Bowl!!!! :)
My weekend was pretty nice, too! I had a great day at work, and my friend came over to my place. Our time together was both encouraging and inspiring for both of us. You know, girl talk always helps to cheer me up and get a load off my chest. 
Oh by the way...I can't believe that January is almost over!!  I gotta get those winter styles in before it turns to spring!


How do you feel about wearing an all-gray outfit? To me.... HECK YES!!! If you know me well or have followed me for a long time, you know that I loooooooooove wearing colors!!!! So you might not have guessed that I would got for an outfit that didn't feature lots of bright colors. In fact, I don't think I had ever tried out an all-monotone look before today's outfit. But I must say that it works!
Now, the color of gray isn't a color you might associate with "impact", but it is essential to have some gray basics in your wardrobe such as a sweater, coat, blazer, trousers, hats, or even shoes! If you incorporate it into your outfits you can effortlessly create classic and sophisticated looks. You can even update your outfits by adding a touch of gray, as well! I believe that you've seen tons of fashionistas/fashionistos in the world wearing grays throughout the last year, and they fashionably manged to style them! I was completely fascinated and inspired by how well they dressed in grays, and I really wanted to add the color to my ensemble. Boom! Here is what I have achieved!!

I can't help but saying I love this look so much! I put it together with basic items. However, the whole outfit shows the power of gray! This awesome long knit jacket from NOWiSTYLE is one of my favorites this season! It's incredibly warm and so trendy!! Due to my short height, I am kind of hesitant to wear long-length clothes, but this is a total exception! You know what I meant?! I completed the look pairing these Charlotte Russe spiked lace-up booties (These are crazy, aren't they?), ebay a fringed leather bag, and H&M mirror aviator sunglasses to give a touch of that 'rock star' vibe.. 
The monochromatic looks are still going strong in 2014; I can't wait to rock them in my spring looks! In addition to that, I am completely excited to buy some pastel clothes and accessories to prepare for spring and combining them with gray! I already know what to purchase! hehe 


Have a great week sweeties! ♥


__________________________



♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ STAY FASHIONABLE, STAY UNIQUE ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥

Thank you for reading!!!!

XOXO



You Might Also Like

1 fashionable comments

  1. Awesome pics!
    Super cool outfit
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/01/saturday-night.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit/see my blog and leave your comment!!!!
Your comments always make me happy and even make my day so lovely!!!


xoxo

★AikA★

Biểu mẫu liên hệ

Name

Email *

Message *